How the Plan Works:
We've kept your drug plan simple
The HealthWATCH® drug plan is an employee-first approach. Our goal is to find the right balance between drug plan affordability and helping to keep employees healthy and at work.
We began with a ton of research
The HealthWATCH® drug plan team, which includes some of our pharmacists, leads the decision-making process, guided by the advice of a Clinical Advisory Board.
Epidemiologists(people who study diseases
in specific populations)
They base their coverage decisions on:
An Economic and Cost Comparison
A plan member-first plan that is focused on traditional* prescription medications, with a policy that supports biosimilars, into two levels of coverage or reimbursement, called “tiers”.
The amount of coverage you get depends on the tier your prescription drug falls under:
- Includes most generics and some brand name drugs that are more cost-effective
- Includes some generics and brands (with or without generics) which the HealthWATCH® drug plan team has determined do not demonstrate additional clinical benefit relative to their cost, when compared to Tier 1 drug options that treat the same condition
- Drugs that have more cost-effective alternatives on the drug plan that treat the same condition
- Therapies that are available over-the-counter
* Most prescription drugs are “traditional.” They treat a wide range of common illnesses or conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.